Applications Open: Inlaks Fellowships for Indian Classical Music 2017
The Inlaks India Foundation invites applications for the selection of Fellowships for Indian Classical Music (Hindustani Raag Sangeet and Carnatic Music) 2017. This fellowship is intended to help vocal musicians in their formative years to further their creative talent by providing financial assistance.
The deadline for receiving applications for these fellowships is October 30th 2017.
About the award :
· Applications are invited from young vocal musicians to either:
A) Pursue additional training with a musician (vocalist) or instrumentalist, other than one’s regular guru) or with artists from other areas of performance.
B) Undertake performance-related research (Including language and poetry) that enriches their own learning or practice.
C) A combination of the above.
· The award is a sum of Rs.1,20,000/- (Rupees One Lakh Twenty Thousand Only) for a period of one year.
· The fellowships could number around 2-3, depending on the merit of the applications received.
· The applicant for this fellowship must be an Indian citizen, currently resident in India, practicing vocal music in the Indian classical tradition.
· The recipient should not be holding a similar /government scholarship or award during the same tenure.
· He / she should be below the age of 30 years on 31st December in the year of application,
The applications may be sent to the following email: email@example.com
The Downloaded application form may be filled in by hand or by type and should be emailed in with the following attachments as listed below.
The subject line should read as: Indian Classical Music Award 2017
ATTACHMENTS TO INCLUDE TOGETHER WITH THIS DULY FILLED-IN FORM:
1. CV/RESUME: PDF
2. AUDIO/VIDEO: to be sent as links on any of the following online platform such as artist website/ vimeo/ youtube/ soundcloud. If links are password protected, please provide the password.
3. LETTER OF ACCEPTANCE FROM YOUR GURU / GUIDE/ INSTITUTION/ COLLABORATORS WITH WHOM YOU INTEND TO WORK.
4. EVIDENCE OF BIRTH DATE: PAN CARD COPY/AADHAR CARD COPY/DRIVING LICENSE
For more information about the Foundation please visit our website at www.inlaksfoundation.org.